Marilyn's Published Article:
Advanced Integrative Therapy (AIT)
Sign Up for Upcoming
Mind/Body & Spiritual Awareness
Work and Healing
Holistic Integrative Letter Testimonials
Past Events & Workshops
“It’s not stress that’s the problem; it’s how we take it in, process it, and react to the stress that is.
Being more mindful of your ‘nows’ will make your ‘tomorrows’ better.”
Breathe, Connect, THRIVE & Inspire.
depression, to becoming your integrated and whole, Authentic-Self.
UPCOMING Finding Peace From Within Workshops to Mindfully Empower Connections within you, between relationships, and the bigger picture
MIND/BODY & SPIRITUAL CONNECTION - Create your "Daily Resiliency Routine" to live a life more aware with ease and in your authentic truths. We have more control over our stress than we think! Learn how to accept and let go of what the body hears and feels that isn't helpful. Then, bring in positive emotions and energy. Call Marilyn for more information, (240) 426-8344
- I specialize in helping adolescents, adults, and families who want to learn how to manage their anxiety and let go of the lodged physical memory of trauma and experiences, both cognitively and somatically. Our body hears what our mind says and I spend time teaching clients about psychosomatic stress that starts with thoughts that manifest in the body. You will learn if your mistaken beliefs and cogntive distortions are keeping you stuck. Then, we will work on getting you unstuck with self-compassion. By learning to accept and validate your thoughts and feelings you can discover ways to let go of what’s not helping you. The sessions are very experiential as:
- I bring my teachings from workshops at a local university to help empower clients to incorporate skills and a healthier perception into their lives. You can learn to become more mindfully present and aware of triggered feelings and what to do about them by learning how to mindfully meditate, practice EFT/Tapping technique, visualization exercises, and more. By cognitively learning to become the source of your positive beliefs about yourself can help your feelings and actions too. Becoming mind/body integrated will uplift your whole-self.
- We practice techniques to create your Daily Empowerment "Resiliency Routine"© & "Strength Kit,"© to practice what you've learned. You can Holistically integrate ways to reduce stress, create a stronger sense of self and purpose, and learn how to communicate in ways to mindfully connect to others and the bigger picture.
- Since the #1 reason people see doctors is stress related, clients also appreciate learning how to be proactive so their emotional stress doesn’t become physical issues. I have been getting referrals from psychiatrists to help their patients who don’t seem to respond well to psychotropic meds or want to learn effective tools they can use daily to help.
Holistic Philosophy to help Authentically U! in relation to the bigger picture:
"Life is a journey with moments to savor that we can learn from, process, and take in. We are all connected to encourage and inspire each other and our world with compassion
"I've seen Holistic Mind/Body techniques I teach my clients to cope and cleanse toxic thoughts and feelings, which have been absorbed by the body, pulled out by their roots to activate ongoing healing.
This helps to create a healthy mind/body integration and wholeness when one's feelings of their past don't carry the same intensity and triggers that may have caused "dis-ease," addictions, anxiety, phobias, stress, and illness."
In your therapy you will learn what psychosomatic stress is, the red flags of it, how it's affected you, and ways to cope with it. You will practice easy and effective ways to empower yourself daily to become more resilient and to strengthen your emotional and physical wellness.
Helpful techniques, Advanced Integrative Therapy (AIT) & Breath-Work helps with:
- Have you ever wondered if therapy and deep breathing could help you become unstuck, let go of suppressed feelings, able to move on and to become free of the tightness in your head, throat, or stomach that you may feel when you are stressed?
- The Advanced Integrative Therapy (AIT), one technique that I teach clients works well for stuck emotions from grief, need for control, bullying, insecurities, anger issues, and wanting to move on. Any emotions that are deeply rooted from one’s childhood, of how one felt they were treated that is keeping them from moving forward, can be released. It even helps with emotions or experiences from one’s ancestors that people have taken on that they want to let go of.
- Some see me because their stuck feelings and energy has lead to having very uncomfortable thougths, feelings, and behaviors. Such as, experiencing panic attacks, phobias, sleep issues, addictions, anxieties, or reoccurring relationship issues that AIT greatly helps with. An issue only has to be worked on once to let go of it's intensity and to unblock the energy center associated with it.
- AIT works by first cleansing the energy center associated with the issue causing the symptoms. Then, with this breakthrough therapy new core beliefs that affect the mind-body connection can be instilled, resulting in a shift that opens positive energy for holistic wellness, insight, and ongoing growth.
- Click Here To Read My Published Article on Advanced Integrative Therapy (AIT) Learn the process and ongoing profound benefits reported from using AIT. This published article explains the benefits and process of learning and using AIT to shift one's perception and energy concerning mind/body connections to be more positive. Postive and negative experiences, thoughts, and feelings you have taken on can become lodged inside of us. The negative Issues and energy concerning events, experiences, traumas, and triggers can be shifted through our energy centers, Chakras, to encourage healing. This is important since stuck energy, stress, and triggers can cause anxiety, addictions, increased emotional or physical illnesses, phobias, panic attacks, and other stress related disorders. Using AIT can help one pull the negative feelings out by their roots to help one become unstuck and able to move on in a healthier way. Please see the letter testimonials clients and therapists have written about their experiences, and continued energy shifting, with learning this very effective technique that somatically helps transform lives and relationships.
- "Pause Daily" © One helpful mind/body connection technique:
By Deep Breathing 3 X's an hour you will nurture yourself by easing your mind and body. Healing starts to happen when you get out of your head and focus on the awareness of your breath and body to heal from the inside out.
Authentically U! Video
Marilyn's Clips from: Relationship &Self-Awareness MC TV Shows,
Pause for Peace & Moment of Change Radio Shows and USG Workshops:
Watch Dr. Dan Amzallag Montgomery Channel 1 1/2 Hour TV Show on relationships. This episode I was on is called, "Challenges in meeting new people." You will learn many skills and perspectives that could help you in social situations. I speak about ways to nurture and work on yourself 1st to strengthen your growth and ongoing insight, as well as, explain how to "Pause Daily" to reduce stress and gain empowerment.
1) Part 1 https://youtu.be/uelUstnTVmg Marilyn explains where negative self-talk and mistaken beliefs come from and how to shift these to positive to help you grow.
Part 1 and Part 2: Guest Appearance: Bob Paff, Marilyn Spenadel, and Robert Scuka. Having difficulties in meeting new people? Learn ways to meeting new people and why living in and nurturing your authentic-self is important.
Part 2 https://youtu.be/JIczfNgHDRY At the end Marilyn teaches about the importance of using EFT/Tapping to tap away stress and bring in and instill new positive core beliefs.
2) Enjoy my recent "Pause for Peace" radio show from the Meditation Museum in S.S., MD "We are all connected & mind/body and spiritual ways to feel AUTHENTIC." The interview is at 18:25 minute mark and the interviewer's beautiful meditation before is at 9:45 minute mark. http://tobtr.com/7611717
3) Listen to Marilyn's-AUC's 1/2 hour podcast radio show on "Breathing Stress Away" and Advanced Integrative Therapy (AIT) at www. a moment of change.com. April 9, 2013 broadcast.
4) The work I do at the Universites at Shady Grove, weekly Holistic empowerment and skill-building workshop series, "Skills for Healthy & Successful Living." https://www.shadygrove.umd.edu/student-services/center-for-counseling-and-consultation/workshops/shsl
“Your body takes in all of your negative and positive experiences, thoughts, feelings, and energy. During our therapy and workshops you will learn and experience, both cognitively and somatically, how to become aware of these connections and let the negativity and angst go, while taking in the energy that will holistically enhance your success and Holistic wellness.” -Marilyn Spenadel, LCPC
"Amazing that when I go outside to connect with nature I'm actually going inside to connect with myself in relation to the bigger picture," (Inspired by my visit to Muir Woods, CA)
"What you focus on grows. Why not spend time focusing on your strengths, your Authentically U True Self, and the energy that is you that best connects with others?" ~ M Spenadel, LCPC
Accepted Insurance Plans, as of 2016 participating in these networks:
Make Your Session or Co-pay Payments for Individual, Group Sessions, or Workshops
1 hr or 1 1/2 hr In Person or Skype Therapy or Coaching Sessions
(Any of these workshops can be offered during individual or group therapy and during psycho-social workshops to gain insight)
D) Assertive Communication with active listening
D) Disconnect from technology to Connect
E) Spirituality & You (If you choose)
Holistic Empowerment Workshop -
NEW Heart Energy Holistic Empowerment Workshop -
Event Date: April 16, 2016 and other dates, as requested
Where: Artists & Makers Studios
11810 Parklawn Dr., Suite 210, Rockville, MD 20852
NEW OC Beach, Sunset, and Learn to Mindfully "Pause Daily"
Come Nurture Your True Self and Build Resiliency
"Holistic Techniques to mindfully nurture your
authentic-self, resiliency, and wellness can strengthen
you and your connections"
Date: July 4, 2016
Where: Ocean City Maryland Beach & Sunset
"10 Ways to Work on Feeling More Your True, Authentic-Self," by Marilyn Spenadel
Click above to read the article
Today you are one step closer to a new you where you can feel empowered and on a positive path to acceptance, well-being, mindfully connecting with yourself and others,
and discovering balance in your life.
- Come Learn Awareness, Healing, and Resiliency techniques to help your mind/body and spiritual connection to stress and how it has affected your moods, emotional stablility, and/or physical illness. Becoming aware of where your stress is inside will promote healing and wellness as you learn to breathe it away and process the insight you will gain about your past and current issues possibly keeping you stuck.
- Are you looking to find ways to reduce your mind/body connection to stress, become more resilient, or move in a new direction? As a holistic, solution-focused therapist and life coach I specialize in helping adults and adolescents learn how to gain insight and coping skills. While we can't change difficult situations of the past, we can work together to understanding your mind/body connection to any trauma or stress and then learn to cleanse it from your body effectively and easily. By practicing energy healing techniques, you will learn to let go of long-standing feelings and triggers that may be holding you back. You can learn to re-write your story and mindfully live your dreams as your Authentic-Self.
- I counsel individuals, couples, and families having anxiety, depression, dual-diagnosis, self-esteem, relationship/communication & transitional difficulties. I teach Stress Management, Mindfulness, Meditation styles and techniques, Mind/Body integration, cleansing breath-work, instilling positve core beliefs, EFT/Tapping, guided imagery, NLP, and coping skills. With Solution-Focused, Gestalt, Advanced Integrative Therapy and Existential techniques that best suit you, you can learn to accept your emotions, challenge your mistaken beliefs, understand where they came from, and learn to be the source of your positive self-talk and new core beliefs.
- You can learn how to use Advanced Integrative Therapy (AIT) breath and energy work to help empower you. Please read my published article on the process and benefits of learning this life changing technique to enhance your energy, self-awareness, self-worth, interpersonal relationships, peace, strength, and living as your empowered authentic-self.
- You can learn cognitive and somatic techniques to accept and then cleanse your stress within, about a particular incident, stressor, negative feeling, or trigger lodged inside. You can become aware of how your body hears what your minds says and what to do to become cleansed of these thoughts and feelings that are hurting you. You can cleanse any anquish, breathe it away through your energy centers, and move into a positive direction. Then, we can work on you bringing in, and instilling new positive core beliefs to strengthen your emotions and body to become resilient. Please see the testimonials here of how others have healed themselves of their distructive stress within and then brought in positive thoughts, feelings, and energy. I've experienced my approach helping others learn to heal from the inside out as they have practiced their daily proactive "Resiliency Routine"(C) to gain ongoing insight and growth.
We are all connected and can make a difference in other's lives.
Helping one person gain insight and growth will also affect
everyone they come into contact with...
One needs to love and nurture themself 1st
before they can love and help others.
More about Advanced Integrative Therapy (AIT), one of the techniques you can learn to use for acceptance and becoming on stuck. You will feel anxiety, trauma, and triggers pulled out by its roots. Then, learn to bring in and instill new core beliefs while moving forward in a positive direction.
- I'm very passionate in teaching Advanced Integrative Therapy (AIT) to clients to help them get rid of chronic and acute stress, as well as, fears and phobias of Anything; dogs, flying, toxic people, relatives, events, driving, triggers, and any of their or others' past issues they have embodied. I'll teach you the significance of mind/body & spiritual awareness for you to understand where you hold your stress, how stress comes from the mind into the body, and how you can immediately release it.
- You can easilly and affectively learn to cleanse any stress, anger, and emotion out of your body which you has lodged inside of you causing you physical and mental discomfort. It's been very rewarding work to teach people this relaxation and energy shifting technique. You too can learn AIT, which will help you move on, change your perception, and negative energy forever. By cleansing any negative energy you have been holding onto will open up space to bring in new positive strength, healthy energy, core beliefs, and experiences to enhance your ongoing resiliency, healing, and physical and mental wellness.
- See my AIT article and letter testimonials tabs in the drop down seach engine under "Important AUC Information," describing the AIT process to learn and its documented benefits. Please contact me if you want to learn more about this life changing technique and my practice.
"The voyage of discovery consists not in seeing new sights,
What you focus on grows; why not learn to focus on the positive? BREATHE, FOCUS, GROW, and INSPIRE...
"When I stopped living in the problem and started living in the solution the problem went away; Acceptance can be the solution!" You can create your own "Strength Kit" with healthy strategies, "Authentically U Vision Board," and coping skills to encourage you to relax, see your strenghts, and move forward on a daily basis.
You can learn to breathe your stresses away and understand your mind/body connection to them. Come experience how you have the power to shift your perception, your thoughts, feelings, and moods to propel you into a positive direction. Understand and practice how you can become more resilient to life stressors and to what illnesses they could cause.
I look forward to working with you to help you gain insight, growth, and tools to achieve your goals. If you're looking for extra support through a challenging situation or you're just ready to move in a new direction in your life please call or email me for an individual session for therapy and/or coaching, couples counseling, premarital counseling, family therapy session, Stress Management Workshop, or Empowerment-Resiliency Groups.
Call me with any questions!
Marilyn is a Holistic Psychotherapist & Board Certified Life & Spiritual Coach:
Definition of Holistic therapy; a term for any treatment / therapy session that is intended to treat the individual as a whole person, on all levels - mind, body and spiritual awareness, healing, and wellness. Most complementary or alternative therapies could be regarded as Holistic. The use of Holistic treatments can be used in conjunction with prescribed medicines. This treatment has been seen, in some cases, to help lower the strength of the psychotropic medicines used as prescribed by the psychiatrist treating the patient. Holistic Psychotherapists and psychiatrists often consult to best treat the patient, if agreed on.
or to pay in advance for your Face to Face Session.
Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC)
Post Master's Certificate - Counseling At-Risk Youth
Professional Life & Spiritual Coach
Board Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS)
Authentically U Counseling, LLC
Learn to Breathe, focus, grow, connect, inspire, and THRIVE as Authentically U! Marilyn Spenadel, MS, LCPC, NCC, BCC, ACS is a Licensed Psychotherapist in MD, Professional Life and Spiritual Coach, and Board Approved Clinical Supervisor. Call for your Free 15 minute phone consultation.
at (240) 426-8344 for In Person or via Skype, or Phone